Okay so this topic is quite obvious and I will get to the point. To avoid confusion, I will discuss a little bit each week or so on weld inspection to help everyone understand this mysterious area.
This post is for you if:
- You don’t know what being a “certified” or “qualified” welder means
- You don’t know what a code or standard is
- Your pretty sure that “6G” is only referring to “stick welding”
- You think your welds are good because they don’t break
- You have heard rumors about undercut and have mixed feelings
- You think only engineers can understand this stuff
- You just want to know
So I will start this off with a question. What exactly is a “WPS”?